Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider
This expert-level healthcare training program helps keep professionals prepared and ready to respond as they encounter life-threatening emergencies, such as providing basic life support and responding to bleeding emergencies or choking incidents. AHA’s BLS for Healthcare Providers and ASHI’s Basic Life Support conforms to the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC. Our BLS training has been approved for training for Emergency Medical Services personnel and is accepted by the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT). Our BLS program is also CAPCE-approved and widely accepted in more than 150 healthcare-related occupations.
- Describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- Describe all the steps of the Chain of Survival
- Apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
- Describe the importance of early use of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Demonstrate the appropriate use of an AED
- Provide effective ventilation by using a barrier device
- Perform high-quality CPR for a child
- Perform high-quality CPR for an infant
- Describe the importance of teams in multi-rescuer resuscitation
- Perform as an effective team member during multi-rescuer CPR
- Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction for an adult or child
- Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction for an infant
This BLS course is designed for individuals in the healthcare or professional rescuer field who are required to have professional-level basic life support training.
Approximate course length: 3 hours
Class Schedule: We try to accommodate your schedule. We understand that people work nights, weekends, or have limited availability. We also know that people forget about their renewal or put it off until the very last minute and need it renewed urgently. That being said, we do not have regularly scheduled classes but we will gladly work with you to try to find a date/time that works best for your schedule. Call us to see if we have any classes coming up or to schedule a class for you and/or your friends, family, or co-workers.
- Initial Certification – $55.00 Includes 2-Year Certification (eCard) upon successful completion
- Renewal – $55.00 Copy of current BLS Provider card required for registration. Includes 2-Year Certification (eCard) upon successful completion
- Heartcode BLS Skills Testing– $55.00 Includes 2-Year Certification (eCard) upon successful completion. Must bring Heartcode BLS Certificate of Completion to class.
To Register for a Class, Please Contact Us:
Northern Colorado Training Institute, Inc.
10190 Bannock Street, Suite 100
Northglenn, CO 80260
Phone: (800) 276-0274
Fax : (800) 881-0266