Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
The Pediatric Advanced Life Support program is a scenario (case-based) continuing education healthcare course intended for trained and skilled healthcare providers who either direct or participate in pediatric cardiopulmonary emergencies and resuscitation efforts. The healthcare training course is designed to provide students with an opportunity to enhance and refine knowledge and hands-on skill proficiency in emergency cardiovascular care.
- High-quality Child CPR AED and Infant CPR
- Recognition of patients who do and do not require immediate intervention
- Recognition of cardiopulmonary arrest early and application of CPR within 10 seconds
- Apply team dynamics
- Differentiation between respiratory distress and failure
- Early interventions for respiratory distress and failure
- Differentiation between compensated and decompensated (hypotensive) shock
- Early interventions for the treatment of shock
- Differentiation between unstable and stable patients with arrhythmias
- Clinical characteristics of instability in patients with arrhythmias
- Post–cardiac arrest management
All individuals who participate in an PALS certification class must be previously trained, skilled, and be able to:
- Perform high-quality basic life support (BLS training classes available separately)
- Read and interpret basic electrocardiograms (ECGs)
- Understand cardiovascular pharmacology, prepare and administer essential cardiovascular medications
- The PALS Pre-Course Test must be completed and the printed certificate must be brought to class along with all course manuals. PALS cards cannot be issued without the PALS Pre-Course Test certificate.
Approximate Course Length: 2 days for initial certification; 1 day for renewal
Class Schedule: We try to accommodate your schedule. We understand that people work nights, weekends, or have limited availability. We also know that people forget about their renewal or put it off until the very last minute and need it renewed urgently. That being said, we do not have regularly scheduled classes but we will gladly work with you to try to find a date/time that works best for your schedule. Call us to see if we have any classes coming up or to schedule a class for you and/or your friends, family, or co-workers.
- Initial Certification – $175.00 Includes 2-Year Certification (eCard) upon successful completion
- Renewal – $150.00 Copy of current PALS Provider card required for registration. Includes 2-Year Certification (eCard) upon successful completion
- Heartcode PALS Skills Testing– $75.00 Includes 2-Year Certification (eCard) upon successful completion. Must bring Heartcode PALS Certificate of Completion to class.
**NOTE: A current AHA Pediatric Advanced Life Support Student Manual is required. The Student Manual contains the key code needed for the pre-test which is required to be completed before the start of the course. Please purchase a book (AHA #15-1058 $46.00) if you do not currently have one.
Due to COVID we are limiting our PALS efforts to renewals only. Complete AHA HeartCode PALS Online then contact us to schedule skills testing.
Northern Colorado Training Institute, Inc.
1371 S. Garfield Ave.
Loveland, CO 80537
Phone: (800) 276-0274
Fax : (800) 881-0266