Access Canvas via Mobile
If you plan to use your smartphone or tablet to access your Canvas course, please review the following instructions. If you do not plan to use a smartphone or tablet, you may wish to skip this section.
Although Canvas can be accessed through a mobile browser, it is not officially supported. For the best user experience, use the Canvas by Instructure app, which is compatible with the following mobile operating systems, on both tablets and mobile phones:
- iOS 7.0+
- Android 4.0+
Get Started with the Canvas by Instructure App
The app can be downloaded through the Play Store on Android or the App Store on iOS devices. Search for “Canvas by Instructure” and install to get started.
Follow these steps to get started on your device:
- Download and install the Canvas by Instructure app.
- Open the app.
- Once you have opened the app, you will be presented with a page to search for your school. Tap Find Your School or District.
- Enter “PSU” or “Penn State” and hit the arrow to continue. This will take you to WebAccess, where you will log in with your Penn State credentials.
- You should be greeted by another login window for the mobile app that will allow you to click the login button.
- After logging in, you will be presented with your list of courses.
See FAQ’s for iOS and Android below:
- Canvas by Instructure iOS Guide (Links to an external site.)
- Canvas by Instructure Android Guide (Links to an external site.)
Navigate in the App
The Canvas app allows you to access most of the features in your Canvas courses, but navigation on a mobile device is a little different compared to navigation on a computer. Use either of the following articles to learn more about navigating in Canvas on your mobile device: